Wednesday 23 May 2012

I work out (like the song) :)

I'm not a believer of the cabbage soup diet or any similar fad diets. I believe you should be able to have everything in moderation.  Moderation being the key word.  Lately, my moderation hasn't been so moderate.

I work out so I can eat.  If you don't count running around after the children and washing floors by hand at least once a week (4 kids, remember?),  I work out hard about 5 hours a week doing kickboxing, cross training and swimming. Perhaps I am overindulging a tad too much lately.  In an effort to lose those last 10 stubborn pounds that have taken up permanent residence on my lower half I've decided I need to cut back on a few things we usually stock.

1.  Diet Coke.  As I sip a diet coke as I type I know this one is a constant struggle for me.  (It is so much easier to grab a cold caffeinated drink in our house.  I don't drink coffee, By the time I get around to drinking my tea,on those days I actually find time to make it, it is already cold...  Mmmm cold tea.  NOT.

2.  Open bags of chips.  I detest Ranch Chips.  However, if there is an open bag of ranch chips laying around it usually takes me about a handful to remember how much I really really hate them.  No more buying chips.

3.  Milk Chocolate Chips.  Mmmmm.  Just thinking about them makes my mouth water. We were going through a one kg bag of milk chocolate chips a week and most of them weren't making it into the cookies or muffins that they were intended for. I even labelled the jar POISON in attempt to thwart any intruders. It didn't work. Jeff and the girls weren't fooled either.  Perhaps the happy face makes it less of a deterrent?  Maybe I need to work on the label a bit, or just not buy them.  I think we'll secretly go back to semi-sweet chocolate chips and I'll record the first person who attempts to eat a handful of those!  Bahaha.



4.  Snacking while making school lunches at 10 pm.  I'm not intentionally trying to become a sumo wrestler but perhaps if I continue down this path you may see my name associated with the sport!  :)

Stacey "sumo mama" does not have a nice ring to it.

I think that about covers it.  I'll keep you posted.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment