Sunday 11 March 2012

Oh Where, Oh Where can the remote be?!

We've lost the Blu-Ray remote. This should not be really surprising in this household but with an open concept main floor things usually turn up pretty quickly. This is mostly because I'm a tad obsessive and can't sleep until I find the missing item.   The remote has been gone about a month now. I've checked every room at least twice, even pulled out the refrigerator and overturned the couch.  In the couch, I found some matchbox cars that I liberated from within it's depths. I cut open the bottom with surgical precision (although I'm sure if I was a real surgeon I'd have a few complaints.) :)    I even came across $70 cash!  Score!  However, no remote.  Perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt.  Is the journey/process really as important as the result?  I scored 70 bucks, the floor under my fridge is sparkling, and 10 or so matchbox cars are probably ecstatic to be freed.  Perhaps.  However, I still don't have the remote and have no idea where it could be!  I'm really starting to think my 2 year old threw the remote into the garbage as he tends to do with plates when he is done with them. I'll keep you posted.  I'll be obsessing in the meantime.


In other news, we are experiencing amazing weather so we enjoyed some family time today outside at the neighbourhood park.  There was a firetruck in the neighbourhood the kids could visit as well.  It appears my photography skills are right up there with my crafting skills.  They need serious work.  I took some great pictures, or so I thought.  As I was about to send the picture of my 2 year old to everyone and put it up on Facebook I noticed the crazy lady in the reflection of the firetruck. Oh, how wonderful!  What a lovely self portrait.  I don't think I could even photo-shop myself out. It's going to need some serious cropping.  Why do firetrucks need to be so freaking shiny?  I think my finger is in it as well.
 



I'm off to investigate photography classes for people who have no clue how to take a great picture.  I wonder if I'd be remedial or just special?  I think I'd be in a category all by myself. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment