Thursday 29 March 2012

Common Sense

Yesterday, my 4 year old's DSI wasn't working.  He told me that "Daddy, can fix it. He has big hands."  Good to know that all you need to fix itsy bitsy computer parts are big hands.  He was right though.  Daddy was able to fix it.

It made me think of the many other pearls of wisdom that they have come up with in the last few years. Here are a few memorable ones. Once we were outside and could smell raw sewage or something equally as disgusting.  My daughter took a sniff and then said matter of factly.  "Hmm, smells like daddy."  Awesome.  If you smell raw sewage, Daddy must be nearby.  

We were tarring the driveway last summer when Noelle commented, "I know why you chose black for the driveway!  It is mommy's favourite colour!"    She was right.  It is my favourite colour. Although, most of Canada must love black as well as there are a lot of black driveways.

I bake frequently with the kids.  They like to tell me what they believe to be the next ingredient. We were making cookies when one said, "Now, 1/2 cup of salt."   Salt does make everything taste better.  However, 1/2 cup might be a little on the heavy side for cookies.  (I never add the salt anyway, so I'm not even sure where that one came from!)

Recently, Leyton took his sister's cookie that we put aside for her and ate it.  I let him know that he was going to have to tell her what happened.  He said, "And I'll tell her it was delicious"   Was she relieved to know that it was gone but at least it was very delicious?  She took it well.  Perhaps, she was just glad it was delicious.  Interesting. I might have to try that on one of them some time and see if I get the same reaction.

It is amazing to see how their little minds work.  I try and write down some of the things I remember that they say but I'm sure I've missed some great ones.  However, I'm always reminded what my favourite colour is when we pull into the driveway.




No comments:

Post a Comment