Wednesday 4 April 2012

Lego, Lego and more Lego

Lego is not meant for people with A type personalities or for people who strive for order.  Or their children for that matter.  It should come with a warning label that says "BACK AWAY NOW, this product is NOT for you!"  

Lego has recently been introduced into our house.  All children love Lego including mine, each in their own way.  Our eldest has the new girl Lego which both girls play with quite contently. Our 4 year old has some Lego vehicles which he likes me to put together for him.  After 10 minutes of referencing the manual for the umpteenth time, I have most of it together, minus some lost pieces, which increase in quantity every time he ask me to build it.  Within 1/2 hour he has moved onto something else.  Our youngest has then deconstructed the said vehicle.  Did I mention there are now pieces EVERYWHERE?!  I cringe every time I walk by a set in pieces or find a piece under the couch.  How does it not bother them!?  How can a vehicle have only one fender and be missing half the headlights and be okay to drive?  Whatever happened to the Lego guy's hair?  He went bald overnight and doesn't have an issue with it!   I want to drop what I'm doing and put the sets together before any more pieces get lost.  Sorry kids, no supper tonight, mommy has to build the Lego sets. (kidding)

I think Lego should invent special A type personality Lego glue.  Maybe it should be water soluble so when the kids were big enough to build the set exactly they could be deconstructed again.   I would probably accidentally glue myself to the set but will be much happier if I didn't find any more pieces in the duct work or laundry!    Or I could just throw away the instructions and let them go crazy..

 (Ack. I think that option may cause me to have an aneurysm.)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment