Sunday 15 April 2012

Stubborn

I love my children.  All of them.  I'm learning to appreciate each child for their own little personalities. Some days are a little harder than others..

We were lucky we had 3 children before we even experienced the terrible twos.   I had no idea what it was like.  I figured it must be parenting issues when I saw a child having a tantrum in a public place.  I no longer believe it is a result of the parenting.   But are the terrible twos related indirectly?

Here is my baby.  He's a tad speech delayed but we're working on it.  This is a picture of him enjoying a snack at Tim Horton's this week while the girls are at school and his brother is at preschool.  Great picture, no thanks to my photography skills.  This picture doesn't show the full story.  It certainly doesn't give any indication that mommy had to carry him into the restaurant while he was fully resisting. If he would have thought to grab hold of the van in his attempt he probably would have.  I can only imagine what he would have said if he could have expressed himself verbally.  As it was, he decided blood curling screams should be enough.  
 



Thankfully, once we got inside he was instantly transformed from crazed child to angel.  He didn't really like the chocolate Timbits that I offered him . (He's only had one or two before ever)  He did request chocolate milk.  That, I can live with.

Today, I carried him again kicking and screaming to the car.  This was because he didn't want to hold my hand in the busy Wal-Mart parking lot.  I am thankful I am able to carry his flailing 42 pound body.  Last week I was especially thankful I can carry him with one arm when I had to carry him screaming, flailing and crying from the park while pulling the wagon with his 40 pound brother in the other hand.  

He is definitely our child.   He seems to be exhibiting a few traits that Jeff and I seem to have, although not necessarily all the best ones.. Luckily, I haven't had to carry Jeff having a tantrum. Yet. :)     

Miller is stubborn.   If he doesn't want to go someplace or do something he's going to let you know.  As he's not yet able to express himself with words it usually manifests itself in screaming and resisting.  

The poor babysitter who has had to brush his teeth on a recent occasion that Jeff and I went said as much. She was paid handsomely that night.    

My mantra at the moment:   "This too shall pass"  

I'm hoping sooner than later or I may no longer need a gym membership. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment