Saturday 21 April 2012

Rational

I've been busy reading the Hunger Games trilogy this past week.  I couldn't put it down and it isn't even the type of book I'd usually read.  I didn't accomplish much else in the evenings!

Friday, the 6 of us went on a quick trip to the States during the PA day.   We decided we'd take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for some fun and do a little shopping.  I think others had the same idea.  Thankfully, Chuck E. Cheese was almost empty but almost all of the vehicles at the mall had Ontario license plates.

 I'm not sure what it is about the large bridge we must cross at the border but it causes my 7 year old to lose the ability to think rationally.   Recalling an earlier visit when we were sitting on the bridge waiting for customs she looked up and asked, "Are we underwater?"  HUH?     

This time as we idled on the bridge waiting our turn she exclaims, "The USA sure is small!   She has seen a map before and knows how large the USA is so I'm not sure what she was thinking.  Fast forward 15 minutes. We are past customs and on our way.  She declares, "Boy, it sure looks united here."  Jeff and I tried to suppress our laughter, unsuccessfully.  I'm not sure where she gets these things.

Yesterday, I ordered the limited edition Alanna Cavanagh tea towel from thebay.com.  Okay, I ordered 3 but 2 aren't for me!  I was probably the first order since I had been checking frequently.   I was contemplating taking all 4 kids to the mall on the weekend, while Jeff was working,  in hopes that they may have them in stock at our local Bay.  I decided the $7 shipping & handling was worth every penny.  I think I may frame it for our 9 year old's room. (Yes, I know it is a tea towel but I think it is too cute to use.)  Alanna Cavanagh even named the cute dog Walter. You can see more of her amazing work at http://alannacavanagh.com/home.html.  I really love her typewriter illustration and hope she does a silk screen of it soon.  Can't wait to get it!

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment